I had my weekly check in with the doctor. I'm only up 1 pound this week bringing me to 161 lbs. My blood pressure is good, whatever measurement they take of my belly is good and the heart rate is strong. Also the results from my strep B test came back negative so no antibiotics for me while in labour.
The doctor told me to think 511 in terms of coming to the hospital when I go into labour. That means contractions 5 minutes apart, lasting 1 minute and this should be happening for at least 1 hour. He also said, by contraction, he means a lot of pain in which I'm doubled over and can't speak or smile.
After the doctor's visit I went and picked my Mom up from the travel agency. We went to Markville where she treated me to a shopping spree at Thyme Maternity. I picked up some more nursing bras (which I think I'm going to start wearing now), a couple of nursing tops, some more nightwear and underwear, because you know my philosophy on those...you can never have enough. We then hit Toys R Us where I used some of my gift cards to get a change pad and cover, nursing pillow and some nipple cream to soothe me while breast feeding.
I also stopped in at Winners/Home Sense to pick up bedding for the guest bed. So we are now all ready for the Mom's to stay over. We then rested our weary feet at the Pickle Barrel for lunch. On the way back through the mall we stopped in at Ardene where I picked up a couple of slippers. I've started to pack my hospital bag but I don't think it's big enough. I need to repack what's in there or get a slightly bigger one.
As I was sitting here updating my blog, our neighbour from across the street came knocking on the door. She is due very soon as well with her second. She must be going through all her stuff as she gave me some bibs and blankets. Again things you can never have enough of. I'm very fortunate to have friends and family around willing to lend/pass on their baby items. Babies grow so quickly it's almost a waste to buy new stuff as it hardly ever gets worn.
No comments:
Post a Comment