Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Monthly OB Visit

This morning I had my second appointment with Dr. Zaltz.  These are great because they are so quick.   The results were back from my tests for Down Syndrome.  Basically they take the results from 2 blood work ups and an ultrasound and determine the statistical result of a woman having a baby with Down Sydrome.  For someone my age, they are looking for a result of 1 in 180.  The calculation for us, was less than 1 in 20,000.  Yeah!!!!  That means I do no have to go for an amnio, which I am soooo happy about.
I have somehow managed to put on another 6 pounds this past month so my weight is up to 136 lbs.  I'm not really sure how I feel about that.  I don't get on the scale at all between visits because I don't really want to know.  What difference will it make anyway right?  I'm just going to continually be putting on weight over the next several months anyway.  The hear rate was about 135.  The doctor predicts it will be a boy.  I guess we'll see.  He has a 50/50 chance of being right.
I go for my detailed ultrasound on June 13th and we'll try to find out the gender but I think I'll have to wait until my next doctor's appointment to find out as Ultrasound tech's aren't supposed to provide that information.  We'll see what happens.  Maybe we'll get a nice technician who will provide the information anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Our tech just told us what the gender was, our dr said to ask her whatever questions we wanted cause she's the one looking right at it! And don't worry about gaining weight Saads, this is the ONE time when you're supposed to gain weight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For both pregnancies, our techs told us the gender. Because I had to go for regular ultrasounds, I got her to confirm it every single time! :) I think the techs can give you this information but they are not supposed to share any medical information. That is saved for your doctor...

    ReplyDelete