Tuesday, June 14, 2011

19 weeks

Yesterday we went for our anatomic ultrasound.  This is the one where they take all the measurements and ensure all the body parts and organs are where they should be and developing.  It's also where we hopefully are able to find out the gender.  Unfortunately our baby was positioned in such a way we could not tell.  The technician has sent the pictures to our doctor so maybe he will have a bit of a clue.  If not, I guess we just wait until the next ultrasound or until baby is born.
It was pretty neat.  We got to see baby put both thumbs in their mouth and also it looked like they were 'counting' as they opened their hand one figure at a time.  A very surreal experience and hard to believe this little being (see picture - courtesy of 3D technology) is in my belly.  Maybe when I start to feel the kicks and pokes I'll start to believe it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment