Thursday, February 9, 2012

3 months

Yesterday was Samara's 3 month birthday.  I can't believe how quickly time goes and also how fast we've gotten used to having her around.  We celebrated this milestone by getting her ears pierced.  I was a bit nervous so I took my Mom with me too.  Samara weathered through it.  She did cry, similar to how she did with her first needles but nothing a little comforting couldn't fix.  She was still fussy but that was because she was tired and fell asleep quite fast afterwards.  I was worried that her ears would be sore, but it doesn't seem like that is the case as I keep accidentally hitting them and when I clean them she doesn't get irritated.  She is just very squirmy so it's hard to get her to hold her head still.
We now have a loose sort of routine, where she has a nap at 10:00a.m.ish and 3:00p.m.ish and another somewhere in between.  Bedtime seems to be between 7:00/7:30p.m. with her waking a for a couple of feeds and then she fully wakes at 7:00/7:30a.m.  Last night though, she slept straight from 7:00p.m. - 3:00a.m.  If I had known she was going to sleep that long, I would have gone to bed at 7:00p.m myself.  I was worried after the 3:00a.m. feeding because her eyes were wide open when I put her in her crib but within 10 minutes she had fallen back to sleep.
Today she has been a lot of fun too.  I had put her on her play mat and was on the computer so not paying too much attention.  When I looked over she had turned 180 degrees and it looked like she was headed around the other side to complete the circle.  I think I need to set up a video camera to watch her when I'm not so I don't miss anything.  While I am happy she is starting to move I'm also not looking forward to her fully moving, as I know I'll spend even more time chasing after her.  I better get the baby octagon (aka baby jail) from Camilla soon.

1 comment:

  1. funny... THAT's pretty much Jacen's schedule! although, I'm not too surprised they're so much alike since their mommies are one-in-the-same!! :)

    ReplyDelete