is hard work!!!! Don't get me wrong, I am loving every second of being off with Samara but I really did not know how much work it was going to be. I am amazed at the end of every day when I feel like I have hardly done anything but , feed, change, play and get Samara to sleep. It did not occur to me that such a little being would take up so much time. My schedule (and I use that term loosely) revolves around her. Just when I think I see a pattern it changes. Right now my only constant is my Fit Mom class on Thursday mornings.
A few weeks ago we moved her to her crib in her room. The first night I hardly got any sleep while she slept for 5 hours straight. I was constantly getting up to look at the monitor. Fortunately I have settled down with that but she is up every 3 - 4 hours for a feed. I have also managed to start putting her in her crib for naps as well so she is not constantly in my arms. I have to admit that I went through some withdrawal symptoms. After being constantly attached for so long it was hard to 'let go'. I feel like my little baby is growing up and she's only 3 months!!!!!
I don't know how you other Mom's out there did it. I feel very unproductive and as if I have no routine. Sometimes I even find it hard to leave the house. Although I am getting restless and trying to get out every couple of days, even if it's for a short walk.
I'm not quite sure what to do. I guess I still take it day by day and enjoy my time with Samara. Any tips or things you found work well for you as a Mom?
And sorry I don't have any recent pictures of Samara to post. Our laptop is not working and I'm not quite sure how to download pictures on our PC. Once I figure it out, I'll post some more pics of her.
So glad you're enjoying motherhood! I found that just attempting one outing a day was good. Sometimes the library to take out some kids books (get her a library card, cheaper late fees!), sometimes the local bakery as u know, and sometimes meeting other moms. Just having the one outing helped me to put some structure to the day. Have fun! -di
ReplyDelete