Thursday, January 5, 2012

A move to the Bassinet

I always said I would not allow my kids to sleep in bed with us.  I was determined that it would not happen.  However, as I had the c-section I had Samara in bed with me as it was easier to get up and breastfeed her.  After my 6 week check-up I thought I should try to move her.  I spent 2 hours one night trying to get her to fall asleep.  I finally gave up as I was too tired and brought her into bed with me.  However in the morning after a 7:00a.m. feed, I decided to try putting her in the bassinet.  She slept there for almost 3 hours!!!!  It was me who felt strange without her in the bed.
My new 'routine' is get her asleep at night and let her start in bed.  (I think this is more for my benefit so that I can cuddle her)  After her next feed (around midnight or 1:00a.m.) put her in the bassinet.  This seems to be working for now.  Unfortunately I'm not having much luck with her sleeping there during the day or with her falling asleep on her own.  Baby steps though and one thing at a time right?

No comments:

Post a Comment