Until recently Samara had been giving me at least a 4 hour stretch in the evening. Over the past couple of weeks she has reverted back to waking every 2 hours to eat. I attribute that to a growth spurt and/or teething. While annoying I was coping, however in the past two days she has now become very hard to put down just to go to sleep. I used to be able to put her in her crib while she was awake and she would play and then cry a little but once the pacifier was in her mouth most times would fall asleep. Now she wails like crazy. Today I tried to let her cry it out this morning, but 45 minutes later I gave up and picked her up and she fell asleep within 10 minutes. At her lunch time nap I gently rocked her and she was out in 3 minutes and slept for 1 1/2 hours (usually she only sleeps for 30 min.). This afternoon she has gone for yet another nap. Again I decided to rock her a little bit and she was out in 5 minutes. My question is what is more important, for her to get some sleep, or that she falls asleep on her own? For now I'm going with it's more important for her to get her sleep. Some days she wasn't even sleeping again in the afternoon and would be up for a 5 hour stretch before bedtime. I'm curious if these naps will help her sleep better tonight. I hope so, because the lack of sleep is catching up to me and I'm beginning to feel slightly crazy. I also don't think it's good for me to drive while I'm sleep deprived.
No comments:
Post a Comment