Monday, September 26, 2011

A splendid surprise

I like to think that I can pick up on things and figure out when people are up to something.  I have to admit that I was clueless as to this weekend's surprise baby shower thrown by Di and Suzi.  Everyone involved really had me duped.  I had no reason to believe nothing would be planned as there was so much going on in everyone's life.  I was quite content to wait until the baby was born, an in fact avoid the whole thing all together. 
So off I went on my merry way on Saturday, convinced I was attending Marley's 1st birthday party.  That morning I even made sure I went out to get her a birthday card.  I was surprised and a bit confused at first to see my friends with cameras, yelling surprise.
This was a very lovely Disney tea-themed afternoon.  I liked that it was low-key, I got to spend time with friends and I didn't feel like the center of attention.  Even when opening presents, it seemed to be done in a nice casual way.  I of course did not take any pictures with my camera so ladies, please send them my way.  You can check some of them out on Sally and Di's blogs.
Thank you everyone!  It meant a lot to share this milestone with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment